Thursday, August 13, 2009

I never did like Lil. I thought she was pretty. But, nearly right off....I didn't like her at all.


I was Letting Lil weedwack while I read the new Savvy Times last night. It was the golden hour...and then the rose colored moments before twilight....I looked up....and Lil looked up....at me. She was about 10 feet away. We looked at each other....and I realized..I love her. I love her very very much.

Its amazing really. How our journey together has unfolded. From buying her as a 3 year old because she was pretty.....our frustration with each other immediately....her getting into such a right brained frenzy when I turned her loose on our new farm and running straight into and through a huge 6 rail fence that I truly thought she was crazy....

to breeding her instead of sending her to the meaters....to how much closer we became over the three years that she had babies for us....to deciding to develop her and send her on.....to keeping her for myself because of how far she (and I) had come....

to becoming more and more fond of her....to completely misunderstanding her horsenality.....her kicking me in the stomach.....her hating me..... because I was getting it so wrong.

to getting the email that Don and Rachel* were doing distance coaching....starting to slowly unravel her horsenality and understand her better.....having her let me in more and more....

to beginning to appreciate her deeply high spirited nature.....to getting the Patterns* and having even more of a plan for her....to having her actually want to be with me....to having disharmonic days and yet more and more moments and minutes of harmony...

....and now. today. I love her. And that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment